Notice of Public Rights and Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance and Accountability Return
Accounts for the Year Ended 31st March 2018
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (S1 2015/234)
- Date of announcement 1st June 2018
- Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Return needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by the Audit Commission. The unaudited Annual Return has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2017 these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Glenda Smart (Parish Clerk)
Selling Parish Council
Telephone 01227 742280 or email
commencing on 18th June 2018 and ending on 27th July 2017.
- Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and the right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to Selling Parish Council.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose the above dates only.
- The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP
2nd Floor, 1 Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf, London E14 4HD
- This announcement is made by G E Smart (Parish Clerk & RFO)