Every Mind Matters
Published: 10 January 2021
All over the country we’re staying at home to protect the NHS and save lives. We’ll all be experiencing highs and lows and it’s perfectly normal to miss loved ones, get frustrated, feel anxious or stressed. There are things we can all do to look after our mental wellbeing at this time. Every Mind Matters can help get you started with your NHS online plan, showing you simple steps to help deal with stress, boost your mood and feel on top of things. The NHS Every Mind Matters website provides simple tips and advice for you to look after your mental wellbeing during this time – visit Every Mind Matters to get your free online personal Mind Plan.
NHS advice includes:
- Maintaining contact with friends and family via telephone and video calls, or social media
- Keeping a regular routine and sleeping pattern
- Looking after your body with indoor exercise
- Talking about your worries – with friends or via a helpline / volunteer service
- Staying on top of difficult feelings and try and manage unhelpful thoughts
- Finding time to relax and trying out relaxation techniques;
- Focusing on a hobby or learning something new
It's important that you take care of your mind as well as your body and to get further support if you need it. We’re all in this together.
Every Mind Matters provides simple NHS-approved tips and advice to start taking better care of your mental health. If you are still struggling after several weeks and it is affecting your daily life, please contact NHS 111 Online
Visit the NHS Mental Health & Wellbeing advice website for self-assessment, audio guides and practical tools, if you are experiencing stress, feelings of anxiety or low mood.